šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ptoe
    Participant

I have a very picky 15 mo CH Cardigan Corgi.
    He will go days without eating.
    Turns up his nose at Purina Pro-Plan, Artemis, Taste of the Wild.
    He loves 4Health dog biscuits.
    Tough love started yesterday. No treats, just kibble.
    Didn’t eat last night, so sick in the night.
    Today around noon he chose some (very small amount) Nutro Max over Artemis and Pro-Plan.

Any suggestions on irresistible kibble?
    He is just a bad about canned food.

I’d love it if you would include a palatability rating on the dry foods as well.

#14948 Report Abuse
    BryanV21
    Participant

I’d look at getting a better food, one with more animal-based protein. You’ll probably find that your dog will go for them over carb-heavy foods like the ones you mentioned. One food I recommend quite a bit is Fromm. They have a wide variety of different foods, are a smaller family-owned company so you don’t really have to worry about recalls, do not use iffy ingredients like corn, wheat, or soy, and they put parmesan cheese in all their foods which dogs tend to love. The only downside is that it’s not easy to find, although they are available at many places on the net and would likely send you free samples to try first.

#14950 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I don’t know how we’d know about palatability unless we eat it. I have dogs that eat anything but the few dogs I’ve had that didn’t eat right away learned quickly that what was in their bowl is all they got. I admit to being jut as mean to my sons regarding food.
    You can add stuff to the food but on’t add nothing that you don’t want to continue doing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.