🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex

Hi everyone,

I have a 1y/o chihuahua mix (either terrier or Italian greyhound) and I’m always on the hunt for the best quality food I can feed her. As I’m sure you all know, it’s hard to find a really great dog food that offers our fur babies the best nutrients. I’d like to see her live until she’s around 45 (haha), so if anyone has any suggestions on diet plans for small breeds that ensures the best health and provides them with all the essentials I’d love some advice! She’s not a huge eater, only around 9lbs, but she eats well for her size. Currently, I’ve been feeding her Canidae Grain Free Pure Bison, but I’m wondering if there is something that would be better for her breed/size.

Also, if I can post a picture to the forum I’d like some input on what anyone thinks her mix could be, as it’s still a mystery!

Thanks!

#108048 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Zignature

#108049 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

Zignature is ok if your dog has allergies. But for a regular diet too pea heavy for me. Merrick, Orijen, performatrin grain free, are all great brands to try if your dog isn’t sensitive to anything.

#108050 Report Abuse

I like Orijen as well, but have also used Solid Gold Mighty Mini and Lil’ Boss, if you’re looking for small breed specific. Fromm Grain Free 4 star also has fairly small kibbles that a lot of smaller dogs do well on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.