šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul J

My 2 year old 14lb pom is allergic to chicken. I adopted him 2 months ago and am still trying to find a food that doesn’t make him itch (avoiding chicken seems to help) and produces a firm stool (I haven’t figured the stool part out yet).

Any recommendations?

#104208 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

#1 food for chicken (or other) intolerant pups is Zignature. 5 formulas from which to choose. Read the reviews on Chewy.com, saved my dogs’ lives when they started having adverse effects with all the 5 star foods. Stools should have a moist sheen but formed, look at the Bristol Stool Chart for analysis. You can always break down the kibble a bit in a blender for easier chewing/ digestion.

#104209 Report Abuse
    Paul J

Thank you for the suggestion for Zignature! I’m starting to research it now and it looks good!

#104214 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Castor and Pollux Utramix Grain Free Red Meat Recipe with Raw Bites, Castor and Pollux Ultramix Grain Free Poultry Free Salmon Recipe. Whole Earth Farms Grain Free Pork, Beef & Lamb (Poultry Free). Some recipes from the following brands: Earthborn Holistic Venture, Earthborn Holistic Grain Free, Earthborn Holistic, Nutrience Subzero, Nutrience Grain Free, Nature’s Variety Instinct Limited Ingedient, Canidae Grain Free Pure, Canidae Under the Sun Grain Free Whitefish.

#104228 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Stella and Chewy’s Raw Coated Kibble Whitefish Recipe

#104244 Report Abuse
    Paul J

Thanks to everyone for great suggestions. Hopefully one of these will work for my pom.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.