šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth G

How can I quickly find the best quality of dry lamb food on your website? I feed raw and have for 20 some odd years but my new rescue dog has frequent ear infections so my vet wants her on a limited lamb food for about two months to see which protein might be causing it. I will be feeding fresh lamb meat for one meal but need a dry for the other feeding. Any tips on how to find the best lamb dry on your website? Thanks for doing this website by the way. I recommended it to all my puppy buyers when I was showing and breeding.

#60476 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

You want a limited ingredient diet, so you aren’t adding a lot of ingredients to her system. Look at Nature’s Variety Instinct LID Lamb or Canine Caviar Lamb and Split Pea. Just remember that she can be allergic to any food that has protein in it, not just meats. My dog reacts to chicken, eggs, all grains, flax, and tomato, not all are meat proteins.

#60477 Report Abuse
    Elizabeth G

You are right. Not sure why she thinks it is a meat problem. I do not…but they don’t get grains…do get eggs…not sure why she thinks it is a food problem at all. Since this one dog (I have three) gets ear infections in the fall, I am pretty much convinced it is a fall leaf mold/pollen thing…she gets it on her feet then scratches and ear and wha la. BUT for once I will go with the vet for two months on a limited meat that my dog has not tried before and see. (That was the project…a meat she has not tried before. My dogs get a variety of proteins. e.g. fish, egg, etc so lamb was the only odd meat she has not tried.
    Thanks for your help. GREAT site! Keep up the good work.

#60531 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Ear infections are strongly correlated with food allergies, so that’s really good that your vet is jumping on this. Most vets just keep treating the ears and never look any further until there are serious problems. Good luck working this out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.