šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kirstie

I will be getting my own little Shih Tzu puppy in early December. He will be about 4.5 to 5 months old when I get him. He is a very small little guy; the breeder predict he will be about 6.5 lbs fully grown. I know the breeder feeds her puppies Royal Canin Mini Puppy. She’s very enthusiastic about how great a food it is for her small breed puppies, but I haven’t seen very positive reviews of Royal Canin on here. What do y’all say would be the best thing for my little guy both when I first bring him home and then as he gets older? I would of course like to get as much quality for as little cost as possible. I want something that is good and healthy for my little guy, but I am still a College student paying for all my own expenses.

#27908 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Leave him on RC at first so you don’t upset his tummy while he is missing his old home. After he is used to his new home, feeding a rotational diet is best. This means finding a few foods that he does well on and switching between them. A rotational diet helps to keep their gut healthy.

I’ll have to leave it to someone else to suggest small kibbles that are a good price. I only know a few small kibbles and not necessarily at a good price. I can recommend NutriSource Small and Medium Breed as being easy to transition to and a decent quality at a good price. Have fun with your new puppy!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by theBCnut.
    #27964 Report Abuse
    GizmoMom

The size of Earthborn kibbles are pretty small. They are good inexpensive kibbles.

#28177 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Natures Logic has teeny kibbles.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.