šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

We have a seven pound Maltese mix and two almost 15 month old Chiweenies, 13 & 14 pounds. I’m having great difficulty trying to find healthiest, safest foods for them. We are currently feeding all three Click to open expanded view
    Blue Buffalo Wilderness Small Breed Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, Blue Buffalo Wilderness Small Breed Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food By Blue Buffalo but I don’t think they should all be eating the same thing. What do you advise? It’s very difficult trying to figure it out on your web site. Thanks

#152756 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

You can feed a food to all 3 dogs that has a nutritional adequacy statement for “all life stages (A)” or for “adult maintenance (M)” which you are feeding now. All the recipes listed in the review have a life stage designation next to them if that info was available on the company’s website.

There are some suggestions here:

/best-dog-foods/best-small-breed-dog-food/

and here:

/best-dog-foods/best-dry-dog-foods/

#152812 Report Abuse
    dogsforever123
    Participant

I don’t know much about senior specific dog foods so imho if all the dogs are happy and healthy with the current food you usually feed them then there’s no problem feeding them all the same thing. However, senior dogs do need extra care and that’s where supplements can come in. These days, there are so many types of oils like CBD and fish oils that have a variety of health benefits. There’s also flax seed oil which when combined with cottage cheese has actually helped dogs suffering from diseases like arthritis and even cancer. It can help keep senior dogs thriving and happy for longer. There’s a company in Florida that specializes in this wellness protocol. Switching to senior food is probably a good option, but you should also do some research into supplements to see if they might be a good idea to add to your dog’s diet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.