šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cindy S
    Participant

I have malshi and shorkie. Recently been getting plugged up and poop hard clumps at times. Looking 4 good dog food that may help. I have fed nature’s variety for years without an issue. Been trying mineral oil and pumpkin but dont want do daily. Any thoughts??

#142465 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

Cindy does she drink sufficient water? Maybe add canned with the kibble for the moisture or moisten kibble. Adding a little rehydrated with warm water. freeze dried such as Stella and Chewy’s or Primal freeze dried will help since these have veggies for the fiber added. Add slowly as a topper.

#142467 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Has the dog been to the vet?
    When a dog has a sudden change in appetite, behavior, bathroom habits; it is best to rule out medical issues for the cause before assuming the condition is related to diet.

#142483 Report Abuse
    Cindy S
    Participant

Hasn’t been vet for that but plan on. Has had b4 they not considered. Feed green bean or pumpkin but need daily. Hard with 2 other dogs control eating. She’s the oldest, like human I guess need more fiber. Thanks 4 response. I will look into a few options

#142487 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is Nature’s Variety raw?? When raw diet is too high in bone this can cause constipation..
    My boy has IBD mainly stomach & he does really well on Wellness Core, Wellness Simple Turkey & Potato, Canidae Pure Meadow Senior & Canidae Pure Wild kibbles…
    Actually dogs need less fiber or no fiber, Patches vet told me, a dogs digestive tract is short made to digest a raw meat diet..

If your looking for a kibble look at “Canidae Pure Meadow Senior” & “Wellness Core Senior” kibbles they both are high meat protein, low in carbs & the Canidae Pure Meadow formula is lower in fat 10.8% max & is very high in Omega oils for ageing joints & bones..

#142942 Report Abuse
    Cindy S
    Participant

Thanks Susan. I feed nature variety grain free limited ingredient, so not really raw.

#144668 Report Abuse
    Emma b

Thanks to all for your valuable suggestions, in fact I too am dealing with the same issue with my dog, will definitely try these things which you guys have suggested.

#144879 Report Abuse
    Patricia V

I am a big fan of Answers Raw Goat Milk. It helped my dog who suffered from major digestion issues. Hereā€™s a link with some info https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/goat-milk-for-dogs/
    Best of luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.