best food for 11 mo boxer with Diarrhea

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum best food for 11 mo boxer with Diarrhea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Martha O

I have tried several large breed puppy foods and am currently on Origen large breed puppy. Whatever I have tried my boxer puppy has soft but well-formed stool initially in the day, but later has multiple small amounts of “cow-pie” diarrhea. This happens also when he exercises. My vet has suggested switching him to a good quality adult food. I prefer grain free, low glycemic, and no potatoes. I am not adverse to frozen raw or dehydrated food. I have started giving him Grandma Lucy’s dehydrated chicken for one of his 3 meals, but this has not made any difference. First of all, I cannot find a good quality adult food (not all life stages). Boxers are notorious for stomach issues. He is in otherwise excellent health. Any suggestions?
    Martha and Pepper

#101502 Report Abuse
    Lora J

Have you tried a beef-based food yet? It may be a chicken sensitivity. My dogs have better stool when on beef. Good luck!

#101503 Report Abuse
    John L

We have had similar issues with out six month old lab mix pups. Very similar stool description actually. What we’re finding is Orijen seems to be too rich for them, at least that’s how I’d describe it. They are actually better on Acana or Nulo. We’ve also tried Merrick and Wellness with not great results, either diarrhea or they will not eat it.

#101513 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Same exact thing happened to my boys but after switching to Orijen Adult when it still came from Canada. The #1 kibble proven for stomach sensitivity is The Zignature line of dog food. No chicken, potato, egg & a slew of other things. Read the reviews. My babies are now 4 yrs old, big healthy strong with zero allergies and award winning poop LOL!

For freeze dried, Primal nuggets is the best. However, I just use it as a topper by crumbling over the food. And broccoli.

#101574 Report Abuse
    Martha O

I have ordered Zignature to give it a try. Thank you zcRiley
    Martha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.