šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    We have several Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, and I am searching for the best dry dog food for them. I want a really good food, but since I am feeding several dogs, economics comes into play as well. Our dogs are active, as we have 200+ acres and five ponds at our home. If we ever have a sick dog, I supplement with a homemade dog food of chicken fat, beef, long grain brown rice, peas, carrots, and eggs. Yet, I need a good everyday food for them. I work full time, and have two very active children, so making their food everyday is not an option.

Thanks,
    Leah

#27475 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

There are plenty to choose from on the market. It might take trying a few to see which works the best for you, but some I’d recommend are:

Nutrisource
    Earthborn
    4Health – grain free only
    Fromm Gold, or any Fromm (but Gold is more cost effective, along with their Classic line)
    Merrick
    Holistic Select
    I also like TOTW, but be aware that it is a Diamond product.

#27528 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I just have to say, I read your name too fast, thought it said cheapskates, not Chesapeake!

#27530 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I do just the opposite, when I see the word cheapskate, I read Chesapeake. But when I started out in dogs, two of my friends and mentors were Chessie breeders.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.