Best dry food for Boston Terrier?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Best dry food for Boston Terrier?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michelle R

We have a female Boston Terrier (2 years old) we adopted from a rescue recently. We were wondering if anyone else out there that has a BT has recommendations on the best dry food to feed her?

#60102 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Not a Boston Terrier owner, but a small terrier mix owner nonetheless here! 🙂

I think that what you should do is try several different brands and proteins and find out what your furry friend does well on, and then rotate between brands and protein types.

I feed a rotational diet and I am constantly trying new things with my Jack-Rat mix Bruno. Brands that have small-breed (smaller kibble) sizes include Wellness (small/toy breed formulas), Victor, Annamaet GF, Earthborn Holistic GF has been small enough for my boy, Nutrisca too, Castor & Pollux, Holistic Health Extension, Nature’s Variety Instinct, and many more. I have fed most of the above as well as other brands with great success (except for NVI, my boy got sick on the rabbit formula, BUT I would try this food again).

You could also add canned, dehydrated, or freeze-dried to kibble as a topper to spice things up, or as a regular thing. Wet food is better than dry for dogs anyway, so if you can feed just canned, dehydrated, or freeze-dried, go for it! I usually feed Bruno “soups” of kibble, warm water, and canned, dehydrated, or freeze-dried as a topper, or coconut oil, yoghurt/kefir, raw egg, canned sardines, etc.

Good luck and keep us poster or let us know if you have any more questions.

#62163 Report Abuse
    Jeffrey

I’m not a terrier owner either but my medium size mixed breed had digestive issues with several brands of expensive holistic foods until we tried Annamaet Grain-Free Salcha Poulet Formula. She’s been doing great ever since.

Just note, when changing foods do it very slowly, much slower than you think you would ever need to.

Jeffrey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.