Best dog food without chicken

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Best dog food without chicken

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Amanda R

Hi!

Does anyone know what the best dog food would be for a dog who is sensitive to chicken? I have had her on Acana Pacifica for a year but now will no longer eat it and is really itchy and stomach is upset.

#76282 Report Abuse
    Dori

You could try Nature’s Logic or Zignature or you could start introducing slowly a few different foods and give thought to a rotational diet.

/frequently-asked-questions/diet-rotation-for-dogs/

#76284 Report Abuse
    Mark C

I have the same issue with my guys and am seriously looking at Farmina. So far I like what I see and the low grain diet doesn’t have potatoes. Something else I have to avoid. The cost is better than Acana and it’s still rated five stars here. Good luck.

#76390 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Amanda,
    There are many brands without chicken. My favorite dry are Annamaet, Farmina, Dr. Tim’s & Natures Logic. I also like The Honest Kitchen (dehydrated) and Grandma Lucys (I think its freeze dried).

#76557 Report Abuse

Amanda: my girls like all of the kibble from Zignature, Horizon Legacy (Salmon) and Fromm Lamb and Lentil. In our house, we avoid foods with Chicken. My dogs can tolerate it ok, but I do notice they scratch a little more when fed food with Chicken. Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.