Best Canned Food for Senior Dog

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Best Canned Food for Senior Dog

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kyle E

My good Labrador friend is getting old and beginning to have problems with her joints and energy level. She’s also not eating very much of her food anymore, even though I buy her the expensive Taste of the Wild dry food. I want to switch to wet canned food to see if that improves her appetite. Does anyone have information on a quality, healthy, and tasty canned food that is formulated for all the problems senior dogs have, especially aching joints?

#88079 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Foods do not contain a therapeutic dose of joint supporting supplements so that shouldn’t be a deciding factor for choosing a wet (or dry) food. I would check into separate powder, liquid, capsule or chewable joint/senior supplements. And if you haven’t already, check to see if she has any dental or gum issues and have a check up with blood work.

http://www.dogaware.com/health/arthritis.html

#88092 Report Abuse
    Patty L

I, too, am searching for the best canned food for my Corgi/Sheltie/Norwegian Elkhound mix. I supplement with Arthroplex by Thorne for joint issue prevention. I also supplement with Thorne Vet’s geriatric canine vitamins. I hope this helps. I so want our precious canine family members to live very long, active lives with us.

#88107 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I suggest buying one can of many foods & see what your dogs like. Once you have a list of foods, you can then look for the best prices.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.