Best canned food for large breed puppy

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition Best canned food for large breed puppy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lovemylab
    Participant

Looking to add canned food to my labs kibble. I’m looking for grain free that would be good for a large breed puppy. He’s eating Halo surf and turf kibble. Any suggestions would be great.

#15130 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

If you are looking for canned to add some variety to your pups diet then he will really go for Tripett. It is not a balanced food, so it should be used at a rate of 20% or less of his food, but the calcium/phosphorus ratio of tripe is excellent for large breed puppies.

#15132 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

lovemylab, I don’t think you’ll find a better food than Evangers

#15133 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Lovemylab, I should clarify, you won’t find a better “Canned” food than Evangers

#15137 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m not so sure I would agree with that. Evangers was caught using a protein source that was not what was on the can. I believe they tested and found they were substituting beef in the cans of duck. They were also caught stealing $2 million worth of electricity, endangering their workers, and forcing their workers to do unpaid overtime. I know those last ones don’t have to do with dog food quality, but they do have to do with whether or not you can trust a company. If Evangers would do all that, they would do anything. They can’t be trusted.

#15140 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

I’m referring to their food. I talked to the people at Evangers, It was an honest labeling mistake.
    As far as stealing electricity, I don’t know about that. I still say if your going to feed a canned dog food, Evengers would be hard to beat.

#15143 Report Abuse
    lovemylab
    Participant

Thanks for the great info! I’ll look into both brands. I’m trying wellness core puppy canned just not sure about the calcium and phosphorus levels, that info is not labeled on the can.

#15154 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

As long as you are using only a little(20% or less of the meal) on top of their kibble and the kibble has balance cal/phos it will be fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.