šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    eric s

my little Pomeranian boy 1 1/2 yrs old, moderately active, needs to lose 2 pounds, but do not want to use the Vet’s prescription dog food recommendations due to meat by-products etc.
    which ones are best?

#42069 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

See this article: /best-dog-foods/weight-loss-dog-foods/

#42070 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Best way to lose weight is to reduce their kibble & heaps of walks.. People on here love Wellness Core reduced fat grainfree but I dont like how high the fiber is 8.5%, full of potatoes,Wellness also has in their Complete Health range “Healthy weight Deboned Chicken & Peas” & the fiber is only 6%…I like Holistic Select made by the same company Wellpet called “Weight management Chicken meal & peas” doesnt have potatoes like the Core does but the fiber is also high at 9%….when the fiber is high means there’s alot of fillers to keep them feeling full.. http://www.wellnesspetfood.com

#42080 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

I didnt notice that you said can wet, the kibbles I said do do wet tin foods, the Holistic Select senior has the least fat% always look at the fat% & slowly reduce the amount ur giving…..I wish my boy had to lose weight, he has the opposite problem cant hold his weight from having Pancreatitis..I cook pumkin & boiled chicken breast u might want to do raw chicken breast take skin off any of the chicken meats if you use, this keeps the weight off as thats what Patch has for breakfast & has lost more weight also I give rice cake biscuits as treats there’s no fat in these oh & some dehydrated apple & banana as treats…

#42146 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I used a Wellness Core reduced fat food with great success. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.