🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cinner00

I just brought home a new pup. I would love to hear recommendations on a high quality large breed puppy food for this little guy to help keep him as healthy as possible. I know there are various health issues with all the breeds and I am looking for advice on food to help nutritionally as much as possible. He has been checked out and is very healthy.

#19570 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

This is a great place for info and Hound Dog Mom has made a google doc that lists great foods for large and giant breed puppies.

/forums/topic/large-and-giant-breed-puppy-nutrition/

#19571 Report Abuse
    cinner00

Thank you. I was reviewing the list and got a bit overwhelmed by the choices.

#19573 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Take the list with you to the pet boutiques near you and see what is available. That should help narrow it down. Pick a few you are interested in trying and rotate through them. That should give you an idea what your dog does well on. If they don’t work for you, cross them off your list and try something else. It’s good to rotate between a few different brands. It helps keep the gut healthy and if there is ever a recall, you can just switch because your dog is already used to switching.

#19593 Report Abuse
    cinner00

I have narrowed down the food to 3 based on availability and pricing for our needs. The following are the ones I’m looking at. The appear on the 4 star food list and also a top 10 list. I was wondering if anyone has a strong opinion or experience to help me narrow done my list for my large breed pup.
    Innova Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
    Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Puppy Health Puppy Food
    Solid Gold Wolf Cub Large Breed Puppy Dog Food

#19626 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Vintner: please disregard Innova as they just had another recall today

#19627 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Sorry, darn typo, meant Cinner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.