🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    LindaW

Does anyone have information about Balance Diet? It is uncooked/not heated etc. It is supposed to be “better than raw”. Anyone ever/does use it? Thoughts? I’m getting a golden retriever puppy soon and because organic raw ingredients (besides B&E chicken necks) are expensive and hard to find in my rural area I thought this would be a good alternative. Any feedback would be *very* much appreciated regarding Balance Diet (not to be confused with Natural Balance kibble, ick). Thank you, Linda

• This topic was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by LindaW. Reason: added clarification
    #20201 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

For all the meat proteins they boast, why do they say the food is 52.5% carbs dry matter with protein and fat making up 55%? That is what gets me. That doesn’t make sense. The numbers don’t add up. And they didn’t reply to Dr Mike’s questions so it is not reviewed.

#20269 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Do you mean Bravo Balance or is this something else?

#20271 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Something else.

#21742 Report Abuse
    LindaW

I’ve asked Balance Diet about the carbs. They said something like “because of the fermenting–it raises the carbs but are not the same as carb % in other foods”. What?

#21758 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I’ve never heard of this food but I can say that nothing can be “better than raw” and if a food isn’t cooked it’s raw. Upon visiting the webpage – there’s some stuff seriously off. As Sandy noted, the numbers simply do not add up. The % protein, % fat and % carbohydrates on a dry matter basis cannot total over 100%. They also state “all naturally occurring vitamins and minerals” – yet the food contains a long listed of added synthetic vitamins and minerals. I also can’t locate any information on their site explaining how the food is processed. Is it raw? Is it high pressure processed? Is it cooked? There’s just so much stuff on their site, I’m might try to sift through some of it but something just seems off to me.

#21788 Report Abuse
    GizmoMom

I thought dogs can’t eat mushrooms.

Ingredients on this page:
    http://balancediet.com/index.php/supreme-dog-kibble/supreme-63/supremetm-m-dog-super-food-all-breeds-all-ages.html
    “Shitake Mushroom, Reishi Mushroom”

Plus that’s a lot of fruits in the ingredient list.

#21790 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Edible mushrooms are a healthy addition to any dogs food and are excellent cancer fighters.

#21889 Report Abuse
    LindaW

Thanks, guys. I agree something is “off” on the %’s and ingredients. That’s why I just couldn’t bring myself to order it. FYI – it is not cooked but fermented somehow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.