šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Nov.1st my yorkie and I were walking when a neighbors pit crossed the street and went after my yorkie. I pilcked him up to sheld him but the pit knocked me down. My yorkie was slung in the side and foot. The dog was on my back. My neighbor(not the owner) beat him off. My yorkie had major surgery but no internal damage. He has drains and stitches. This is my question: there is a small section of the skin that seems to be dead. My vet said he might have to go back in and fix it. That will mean put under again 10 days of drain and cat collar. Is this necessary? What happens if nothing is done? I just don’t understand. Please some of u vet techs or vet students tell me. HDM and bc nut do u know. I am so traumatized that I scream when a big dog comes near me. I HATE IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS!! Please pray for my Bailey! Thank you

#106268 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

There must be an abscess. White blood cells destroy whatever’s causing the infection. Some of these white blood cells will end up in pus, which also includes dead skin and dead germs. The body considers pus toxic and will try to get rid of it. But when pus collects in an abscess, it may not be able to drain out on its own. As pus builds up, it can press against the skin and surrounding inflamed tissue, causing pain. Not doing anything will cause the infection to spread or be pushed deeper inside the body, making things worse. So yes, itā€™s necessary.

#106271 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I have not dealt with that and so sorry you are. HDM is busy with vet school and not here and Iā€™m not sure if BCNut is either but Iā€™ll ask her.

#106366 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Praying for you and Bailey, Weezerweeks! I’m so sorry! 😿

#115289 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers for Bailey. It has been 6 months and he is owing great. He did have to have the 2nd surgery to remove dead skin but we cleaned his teeth also while he was under. No internal damages. My vet said we were both lucky. I scooped him up and the pit knocked me down and got on my back. Bailey got away from me and the pit got him but he got away and ran to my neighbors. My other neighbor saw it and beat him off with a stick. I still can’t walk him alone so I wait for my husband and I carry maze with me. We have a strict law in our city about pits and he was just loose in the front yard. The owner paid a hefty fine and they made her build a fence with electricity in it. She has not once contacted me so I have a lawyer. We are suing her insurance. I just want her to pay my vet bills. People like her should not own animals. Thanks for letting me talk about this and pray for me, Bailey is doing great still loves everyone even other dogs but I’m still traumatized. My vet said Bailey was the toughest yorkie he had ever seen and the sweetest!

#115507 Report Abuse
    Kenneth A

I am glad to read about Bailey’s positive outcome. Your story is so scary. I often carry a stun gun when I walk with my lab just in the event a dog charges us.

#115526 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Oh, I’m so glad Bailey is recovering so well. Especially good to hear that she still likes other dogs and people. I sure hope you get reimbursed for your vet bills. Shame on the owner of that dog for not being more cooperative.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.