šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Maureen
    Participant

Ok – my dog just turned 2. She’s an active German Shorthaired Pointer that we got from a rescue organization. She started on Taste of the Wild (Wetlands) and did quite well but when the recall occurred we changed to Innova (Chicken) – both are grain free foods and both I researched on this site. She had diarrhea for a month and the vet checked for intestinal parasites and giardia – she has neither and is up-to-date on all vacinnations and heartguard. The vet gave me a 5 lb. bag of Iams Veterinary Intestional Plus which I am giving her 50-50 with the Innova and her stool has become better. I don’t want to feed her this 2 star Iams that actually has a polymer in its ingredient list used as soap and metal finishing (and many other poor ingredients)!!! TWO QUESTIONS
    1) What 4 or 5 star food is good for a sensitive stomach?
    2) The rescue org told me she was found eating a deer carcass – could she have some kind of samonella or disease from this 2 years later? (She’s had many stool tests since I got her as part of physical, etc.). ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!

#10802 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Try giving her a good probiotic like Mercola’s and a digestive enzyme with every meal for a while. She could probably use a little digestive help with what she’s been through.

#186301 Report Abuse
    Amanda W
    Participant

Mine looks just like yours Iv had her 2 days she’s got diarrhea I’m worried Iv never had pointers before I got two pits so I’m use to them not these types so I got to study up on pointers

#186306 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Have you brought a stool sample in? Giardia and Coccidia are fairly common in puppies. Also common when getting a new home and things are scary and different. Give it time and do not keep switching food every couple of days. That can make it worse. Congratulations and good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.