are these human supplements ok to give

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition are these human supplements ok to give

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    j316

will like to give to 10 year old labs that are slowing down
    Advanced Triple Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM Plus

Serving Size: 2 Coated Caplets

Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 30 mg 50%

Manganese (as manganese gluconate) 1 mg 50%

Glucosamine Sulfate 2KCl 1,500 mg *

Advanced Triple Strength Proprietary Blend: MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), Chondroitin Sulfate, Collagen (hydrolyzed gelatin), Boswellia serrata (resin), Citrus Bioflavonoid Extract (Citrus limon)(fruit), Hyaluronic Acid 1,700 mg *

Boron (boron citrate) 1.5 mg *

Other Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Cellulose (Plant Origin), Vegetable Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.

Directions: For adults, take two (2) coated caplets daily, preferably with a meal.

Other Information: Contains shellfish (crab, shrimp, lobster, crayfish) ingredients.

#74902 Report Abuse
    Anonymous

This is what I use http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Pets-GNC-Ultra-Mega-Hip-Joint-Health-Savory-Beef-Flavor/product.jsp?productId=61709686&cp=41316406.10772793.12946231

Pull up the label to see and compare ingredients. I wouldn’t be comfortable using a human product for this supplement, unless a veterinarian told me it was okay.
    Some of these things can have adverse effects….also sometimes the ingredients that they use for coatings on human supplements don’t always agree with dogs.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.