Are Milk Bonz OK??

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Treats Are Milk Bonz OK??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Randy O

Any evidence to suggest that these treats are unhealthy?

#85738 Report Abuse
    linda h

Never feed these to any dog !!! They are toxic garbage ! Organix by Castor and Pollux are USDA certified organic. And Wagatha is. Order online for better prices. I order Wagatha straight from them in a 3 pound box. Chewy.com has the best prices for unless you find a good sale Organix.

#85742 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Randy O-
    I buy Costco’s Kirkland Signature Dog Biscuits: http://www.kirklandsignaturepetsupplies.com/kirkland-brand-pet-food

I don’t get quite as fancy as some others on this site. My dogs do just fine with these. They each get half a biscuit every morning when we put them in their kennels before we go to work. So far no issues. I’m not sure how close the ingredients are to Milk Bones.

They are pretty calorie dense so I wouldn’t give too many. Plus treats shouldn’t make up more than 10% of your dog’s total calories. Best of luck!

#85758 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Go on Rodney Habib face Book page or Planet Paws F/B page.. Milk bones have BHA & cause cancer..
    Link-scroll down & you’ll see a tan Labrador going to eat a Milk Bone…
    https://www.facebook.com/PlanetPawsPetEssentials/?fref=ts

#85765 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I wouldn’t feed them. I take as much time in choosing treats as I do dog food.

#85766 Report Abuse
    Shelley S

Here are the ingredients in Milk Bones… Wheat Flour, Meat and Bone Meal, Wheat Bran, Milk, Beef Fat (preserved with BHA), Salt, Natural Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Wheat Germ, Calcium Carbonate, Brewer’s Dried Yeast, Malted Barley Flour, Sodium Metabisulfite (used as a preservative), Choline Chloride, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, … If you look up these ingredients individually, you will find out a lot about them and be able to make your own informed decision. I am a dog trainer by trade and am always changing the treats that my clients use to healthier alternatives. I personally have joined in a new treat company because the woman that created it approached me at a pet expo. I was unimpressed about being asked to become involved with them until I looked at the ingredients. Once I saw those, I joined the company and these are the treats my dog gets. It is now my desire to let everyone know about the treats but at the same time don’t want to spam. If you want to know more look up wonderdog superfoods, you can contact me from there. No matter what treats you use, please, do your research, they should not be an impulse buy. Ingredients are important, where they are sourced is important and where they are prepared is important. You can help to extend your dog’s life by doing your research and providing the best nutrition you can. With that, you can probably guess my feelings about milk bones/z lol

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Shelley S.
    #85777 Report Abuse
    DieselJunki

I wouldn’t feed them either. Matter of fact when others ask if they can give my dog a treat I always ask ‘What is it?’ and if it even looks like a milk-bone I nicely decline and just say he’s got allergies, which isn’t totally a lie.

What InkedMarie said, take as much time in choosing treats for your dog as you do choosing the food.

#86741 Report Abuse
    Avory J

NO NO NO they gave my moms dogs health problems and tumors they are proven to give dogs tumors in lab tests!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Avory J.
    #89839 Report Abuse
    Philip L. P

Milk Bones? Bad for your dogs, are you all freakin kidding me!

I don’t feed my dogs any form of dog food, I’ve moved the plants that make this stuff and I can guarantee you you’ll never see a filthier place! That my friends goes for those of the better brands also! Wouldn’t feed my dogs a Raw diet either… fresh, cooked, and frozen human food. As to the Milk Bones that’s a whole different story… I heard story’s about the video and claims that are supposed to state scientific fact that Milk Bones are bad for your dogs… and it all has been debunked as hogwash! There’s never been any such scientific study done on any of that. Not saying it is anything other than what it is meant to be ie.. a treat, treats aren’t supposed to be necessarily healthy same as candy for kids, liquor for adults, or drugs for addicts. But when it comes to Milk Bones you won’t find a better bone for your dog to chew on, or one that will keep your dogs teeth and breath clean. They aren’t supposed to be a meal, or even a supplement… they are supposed to be a treat and one that keeps the dogs teeth in good order. That has always worked for me, none of my dogs have ever had cavity’s, broken teeth, or even yellow teeth even in old age. Milk Bones have been around for over a hundred years and made in the USA. Keep giving your dogs those Nalgene bones and keep taking your dogs to the vets for dental work… as to the use of preservatives of any kind, use common sense in judging the produce, you can’t get away from their use completely. Some of you people take this stuff way too far! I get a kick out of hearing how well you all feed and take care of your dogs and cats, and then leave them play by them selves with toys that were made in china, let them alone out in the yard that has been sprayed with lawn and garden insecticides, fertilizers, and poisonous plants, animals take in more toxins than they’d ever get from Milk Bones from just being in your home. Crap think of all the stuff you all just use on your carpets, cleaners that you use on your floors, ant and roach killers that you use under your counters. You all are taking this healthier food stuff way too far sometimes, hell a couple hot dogs are better than no food at all. Give them love, companionship, a place to live, food and medical care when they need it and most times they’ll live to a good old age. Do what you can afford for your animals, its better than them being out on the streets on their own.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.