šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kathy B

This is the drug all dog owners have been waiting for. However, my vet gave me some material and after researching it, I have found that this new drug may be good for short term use, but it works by suppressing the dog’s immune system. For all of us who are concerned about what our babies are eating, this drug is not the magic bullet I was hoping for to control my cockers skin issues. There is an study and patient reviews by DVM Ron Hines on line.
    I have seen reference to this ” hopeful drug” on many of the emails on Dog Food advisor from frustrated dog owners .

#75941 Report Abuse
    elle

Unfortunately, many dogs have no choice. The other options out there are even worse, and not doing anything really hinders the quality of life.

I know mine would scratch himself bloody. Even after allergy testing and being on immunotherapy for about 9 months this season is really hard on him.
    I put him on Apoquel, the itching stopped and he’s a very happy boy.

My other one has seasonal allergies so he’s on it right now too. For him it will be temporary and I plan on taking him off in less than a month.

Ask your vet about the other options. Prednisone and Atopica are even worse.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.