🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paulah C
    Participant

I have a dog that gains weight quickly despite his 3 hour daily walks & his evening off leash trail or dog play. I am trying to find a good quality weight lose dog food that is Completely Chicken Free. He was on IAMS kangaroo & doing well. Unfortunately IAMS stopped manufacturing the kangaroo dog food which had Pork as its Fat Ingredient. My Vet. had me start him on Royal Canin Kangaroo having been told it’s ingredients where identical to IAMS. Well less than a week into the switch my boy was scratching non stop… Took a good look at the ingredients and to my surprise Royal Canin Fat Ingredient is CHICKEN stopped it immediately. He is on food he loves, but has started putting on more weight again. Despite him being active & feeding him the amount for an inactive dog and for a lower weight. He is also now constantly looking for more food in his bowl or peoples pockets on the walks 🙁 ).
    I have tried Frozen Raw, but he refuses to eat it even if it is the only thing I put out for him that day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#102798 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Zignature Zssentials or Zignature limited ingredient formulas. My boys have food allergies galore and they are super slim and trim! Read all the real reviews on Chewy.com.

#102819 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

And check for hypothyroidism.

#102845 Report Abuse
    Paulah C
    Participant

Thank you. Will look into Zignature Zssentials.
    Vet. told me my dog does not have any other symptoms of hypothyroidism outside of his weight issues, so does not want to test him for it.

Thanks again.:)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Paulah C.
    #103247 Report Abuse
    Paulah C
    Participant

Hi zcRiley

I took your advice and purchase Zignature Essentials Kangaroo and my boy just loves it!
    Took sometime to locate a store that sold anywhere near where I live, but I eventually found a privately owned pet store about 40 mins away by car that sells it. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.