šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    corky b

Hi All,
    My 9 yrs old border collie was just diagnosed with DI which apparently is a very rare thing. Med school are $700 per month. No way I can do that. Changing up her diet to reduce the sodium. Just bought raw frozen beef and small bag of sojourn mix. At this point I’m so confused at t he whole raw thing. What’s the best most economical way to get her a good low sodium diet? Anyone know?

#49677 Report Abuse
    USA

Hi corky

I’m sorry to hear about your BC.

Before we talk about Salt can you please tell me exactly what his diagnosis is? Which type of DI does he have? What medicine were you prescribed at what dose? Did you try it?

#49698 Report Abuse
    corky b

They haven’t made that distinction yet. The cost is way to high. The test for Cushing or Mr I is more than I can do. In Her electrolyte test her sodium was 168. The meds DDAVP. I plan at this point to try to reduce her sodium and make sure she has plenty of clean filtered water.I’m mostly confused on the low sodium diet.

#49703 Report Abuse
    Elizabeth M

My dog had DI and was on DDAVP. I order the pills over the internet and they were much cheaper. Shop around. See if you sign up for the local pharmacy drug card if you can get them cheaper. This doesn’t happen very often but I was able to wean him off the meds after about a year and he has been DI free.

#49799 Report Abuse
    corky b

Good news Elizabeth M! Any chance you have a link? Did you do the low sodium diet? If so what did you use?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.