🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Karen D
    Participant

Pnut (Cocker spaniel)started getting them after age 7, Vet calls them Subcutaneous cysts & said for yrs to not worry about them unless they got big or bled, which some ended up doing & so we made the decision to have them removed 18 months ago even though we were told they will come back….well as she was under he found a whole lot more & ended up taking off 144 the first time. Most were very small so didn’t need stitches, but a few were eraser sized & one was as big as a quarter….she looked like she had been in a cat fight, poor thing, then more appeared & we did more surgery…this last time, vet just did a local on a couple & sniped them off, but now I see 3 eraser sized ones on her back foot & several tiny ones on her back & behind ears…..(sigh) sometimes they are referred to as “old dog warts”. She will be 14 in March so I think enough surgery!
    Karen

#80942 Report Abuse
    LadyJane

Yes, she has had them forever. Did the surgery, it came back. Our dog is VERY furry so you don’t see them. Vet said unless they bother her, do nothing.

#80943 Report Abuse
    Karen D
    Participant

Susan D, same here, cept for the big brown one that was growing on the inside corner of her eye, & of course the quarter sized one on her side that started bleeding from it’s center.
    She has licked a couple on her front paws & then they disappeared….how odd is that? Vet has me giving her 10mg of Pepcid daily now for about 9 months & I really don’t know if it’s doing any good….she said it worked for children’s warts so was worth a try.

#80959 Report Abuse
    Brian L

My 11 year old yorkie has had those cauliflower looking things (they bleed when scratched) cut off 3 times. He has more now, so this next time they are just going to give him a local and remove the big ones. They say that they are fairly common, I only remove them so he wont scratch or chew them off…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.