Anyone feed their dog raw chicken bones?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Anyone feed their dog raw chicken bones?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I tried feeding my little dog raw chicken bones for a while but stopped because I worried so much about him swallowing too long of pieces or jagged edged pieces and had read that some owners dogs died from eating raw bones. Today I was reading about it again and decided to give it another go. I gave him a raw chicken thigh bone tonight and saw that he got tired of trying to chew the middle long section which had got split in half and just decided to swallow it. It worries me terrible that a 2 inch long section of cracked bone is now working its way through his intestines. Especially since he isn’t behaving like he usually does. I just hate the worry. I don’t think I will ever do it again. I wish I had a grinder for raw bones.

#132932 Report Abuse

anon101

I would contact a veterinarian asap as how to proceed

PS: Grinding bones does not make it safer, they can still get an obstruction.

#132933 Report Abuse

anon101
    #132964 Report Abuse

Alice B

Oh dear, Anita how is your little guy doing, is he ok?

I tried my 2 Yorkie boys on chicken wings & every time they would vomit 30 – 60 minutes after, No more bones for them
    I use to worry about the bones in their throat & belly!

#133490 Report Abuse

Spy Car

Anita, chicken thigh bones are great for 60 lb dogs, but not for ones who are 14 lbs. Try small portions of chicken breast ribs or smaller bones from Cornish game hens.

Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.