šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike L

I just joined Editor’s Choice hoping I’d find some recommendations for senior dogs, but as far as I can tell “Adult” is the only choice for my 14-year-old Yorkie.

Specifically, I want to transition off Orijen senior on the advice of a nutritionist and vet. The 38 percent protein may be too much for him. I’m looking for something with protein in the mid-20s. I tried a nutritionist-suggested home cooked recipe with protein around 20 percent, but he had problems with one or more of the ingredients and I don’t want to make him sick again to figure out which ingredient he can’t tolerate.

A small dog breeder recommended Fromm Senior Gold, but although dogfoodadvisor generally rates Fromm highly, Senior Gold is only 3.5 Stars. Anyhow one why Senior Gold would be rated lower than the rest of Fromm’s selections? Anyhow have any other suggestions for a senior small dog who is generally healthy?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by Mike L.
    #114147 Report Abuse
    Mike L

Never mind! I think I found the answer to my own question. Thereā€™s a Fromm Gold Coast weight management that is rated at four stars. I didnā€™t see that before.

#114155 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I personally donā€™t like senior foods. Most are way too low in protein. You said Fromm weight management. Is your dog overweight?

#114197 Report Abuse
    Mike L

He’s always been a little overweight, not obese but not slim. He had an issue with high liver enzymes, which is why I went to the nutritionist.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.