šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Debbie J

I have 2 problems. A 13 year old Border Collie with very bad arthritis – I do feed grain free now. And my 7 year old Aussie just went thru seizures this week. Not a tumor waiting for results as to weather epilepsy or brain infection. I’ve tried to always feed good food. Now I feel like I completely messed up. Any suggestions?

#44449 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Don’t feel bad. We all start where we are and move on from there. I don’t think there is a single person here that didn’t feed something to their dog at some point that they wish they hadn’t.

For your dog with seizures, I would suggest Nature’s Logic, at least to start with. Many of us have come to the realization that we don’t believe that there is any such thing as a perfect dog food, so we rotate through several different ones. For a dog with seizures, you want your food to be as natural as possible.

For your BC, I would just feed it whatever you feed the first one and add a joint supplement. None of the foods that claim to be joint foods actually have a therapeutic dose in them, so don’t bother with those. Swanson’s has supplements at good prices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.