Any dog food with high glucosamine, MSM, omega 3 and 6 but no "bad" stuff??

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Any dog food with high glucosamine, MSM, omega 3 and 6 but no "bad" stuff??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tambourineman
    Participant

Can anyone recommend any tasty (prescription) joint health dog food with high glucosamine, MSM, omega 3 and 6’s but no corn, rice, gluten and other bad stuff?

Alternately a tasty supplement with glucosamine, MSM, omega 3 and 6’s. My dog used to eat such a pill (NaturVet hip and joint) thrown in with his kibble, but no longer. He won’t eat them even coated with peanut butter or the like.

#31126 Report Abuse

I’m sure some of the more knowledgable posters will reply but in the meantime go over to the “Dog Supplements” topic on the forum menu. There are several discussions there on what you’re looking for. I just started using Liquid Health’s K9 Glucosomine which was reccomended at my local feed store. My Greyhound doesn’t like pills & nothing agrees w/ him, so far so good with this stuff. I also use sardine & anchovy oil since salmon oil makes things ugly with him.

#31127 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m pretty sure I know that none of the OTC joint foods even have close to a therapeutic dose of joint supplements and all the prescription ones I know of are junk.

Jefferspet dot com may be another place to look for different options.

I give my old lady turkey necks and chicken necks, because they have a lot of cartilage and connective tissue in them.

#31129 Report Abuse

God bless the Turkey Necks!! Guaranteed 30 min of peace & quiet (except for the crunching)

#31261 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I just ordered 30 lbs of turkey necks. I don’t even know what I was thinking.

#31291 Report Abuse

Oh my! That’s a lot of necks. I hope not frozen or you’re going to have one bizarre ice cube in your bathtub 🙂

#31295 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yes, frozen. 🙁

#31298 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

My boys each had a turkey neck last night. But, unfortunately they only lasted about 5 minutes. They are crazy chewers! At least they don’t gulp (swallow) as bad anymore. The only thing that lasts longer than that are bully sticks or marrow bones. I think the bully sticks last a whole 10 minutes!

#31314 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Turkey necks don’t last long, but they do sink their teeth into them, so they do a decent job as a toothbrush. One of mine even ate a marrow bone the other day. His poop broke into crumbles when it landed.

#31324 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Well, Patty, since we’ve already “hijacked” this thread. Oops! Where do you order your turkey necks from. I’ve been buying Natures Variety from a feed store. They are very expensive and they don’t get them very often.

#31327 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

So far, my favorite place for turkey necks is My Pet Carnivore.

#31333 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

They are on sale at MPC this month. Usually, I get them from my local butcher.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.