annamaet possibly combining with TotW

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition annamaet possibly combining with TotW

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Haley H

Hi all! I’m considering blending Annamaet’s Aqualuk with Taste of the Wild’s High Prairie (or alt. The Wetlands) dry kibble. Besides the price tag on Annamaet, is it really worth its salt in terms of quality, or am I better off just getting TOTW and focusing more on transitioning to raw once my puppy is about a year? (He will be coming home at 8 weeks this july, a pure alaskan malamute). I considered the sojos freezedried, but it’s super expensive, I think it would be easier to just feed raw! But I don’t want to risk the malnutrition that could happen feeding a young puppy only raw. I guess some input would be greatly appreciated! Right now I’m debating about kibble, but decided on combining it at probably 25/75 kibble/raw, using green tripe and raw lamb/turkey. I’m also considering exploring my options dehydrating my own meats for when I’m backpacking and camping. Not keen on carrying around a leg of lamb in bear country 😂

#86233 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just as a reminder, whatever you choose, make sure that the calcium:phosphorus ratio is appropriate for large breed puppy growth.

#86239 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You scared me there….I thought you meant Annamaet the *company* was merging with TOTW, owned by Diamond. Phew.

#86241 Report Abuse
    Scared D

I don’t think there is any reason to mix foods. In terms of foods I would pick either Dr. Tim’s Kinesis, Annamaet Extra or Abady Granular.

It seems you are drinking the Grain Free Kool-Aid. TOTW is not appropriate for large breed puppies and the TOTW puppy foods are garbage.

If you have to buy Annamaet on-line due to local availability, then Dr. Tim’s is much better. It even comes in 44lb bags from Chewy.com and at a great price with free shipping and no sales tax. Annamaet is a rip-off online. Unless you live in the Northeast, Abady has to be purchased on-line.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Scared D.
    #86256 Report Abuse
    Haley H

Scared D, I’m not quite sure what you mean with TOTW being trash…it seems to have 5 star ratings on the adult food and the puppy is 4 star, which isn’t terrible…I’d love to hear your thoughts on why it may be trash though. My parents, who’ve raised and owned great pyrenees for 25+ years have been using it since it came out with great results…a dog of ours had a vet tell us he would only live 5 or 6 years, and he lived to be almost 14…practically unheard of in the giant breeds…we attribute this to TOTW and of course, love. (And fresh, raw supplements ). So I’d love to hear your opinion on that.

In terms of annamaet being a rip off, is there a better place to find a good deal besides chewy’s $85 price tag? I’m located in northern California.

I couldn’t find any info on dfa about abady either, and it seems their website is down.

I’m all ears for your thoughts. 🙂

I posted another topic that no one has replied back to yet, it was my first post and I may have put it in the wrong forum. Here’s a link to it.

/forums/topic/the-thyroid-gland-in-gullets-and-trachea/

Thanks for your thoughts too! 🙂

#86262 Report Abuse
    Scared D

Annamaet is great food but the on-line prices are very high making it a bad value. You have a very large breed dog known for a big appetite. Locally here in the east those foods are much cheaper. $85 for a 30lb bag of food is crazy.

As for TOTW puppy, the foods are all peas and pea protein.

Personally, Dr. Tim’s Kinesis for six months then Dr. Tim’s Pursuit after that. Chewy.com ships out of Nevada so you will get your food very fast. Dr. Tim’s sled racing teams always win. Great food, maybe the best kibble being sold today.

Abady you will have to call to see the best place to get it If there are no stores carrying the food locally you can buy direct from them.

http://www.therobertabadydogfoodcoltd.com/State%20of%20The%20Art%20Large%20Breed%20Puppies%20%20Front.htm

http://www.abadyfeeds.com/

Abady is a dry food but not a kibble. It goes through very little processing and it is like coarse sand in texture. It has been on the market for about 45 years. It is superb food. In our area it is the choice of the store owner and staff for their own pets.

#86269 Report Abuse
    Haley H

I’m not terribly keen on the by products and meals..but it’s something I’ll have to investigate further. Thanks for your input.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.