šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    danm787

I have a 1 year old American Bulldog that has been vomiting since about 4 months old. I have taken her to the vet several times and x-rays showed no foreign objects. I was feeding her diamond naturals large breed puppy until about 6-7 months old then switched her to the large breed adult formula. She has never been consistent on her eating times no matter how strict I feed her. The vomiting occurs in the morning after being awake for a little while. Thinking it may be her food I switched her to Nutro Max large breed. With negative results. The only thing that keeps her from vomiting in the morning is giving her Famotadine when she wakes up. I recently thought of changing her food to pro plan sensitive stomach. Has anyone else had this problem? The vet has yet to come up with a solution other than medication.

#31097 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

It may be she needs a snack before going to bed at night. I do this with my dogs because one of my Cavaliers would have a queasy/gurgly stomach in the morning and sometimes vomit bile. I just give a small amt. (tblsp.) of their kibble to them right before bedtime. It hasn’t happened since I started doing this.

#31098 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

My younger Border Collie used to do that as a puppy. He had IBS and food intolerances. We took him off all chicken and grains, put him on a high protein, moderate fat, low carb diet and have not seen any of the stomach symptoms again since. Try Earthborn Holisic Grain Free or Nature’s variety Instinct or even Canidae Pure. Just make sure you read the ingredients list because they all have formulas with chicken too. Good luck! Food intolerances can be a bear to work out, if that’s what it is.

#31099 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Duh…like Pattyvaughn said, I also cut out the poultry from their diet along with giving them the snack so maybe that helped, too.

#31100 Report Abuse
    danm787

I have tried feeding her later at night for her last feeding but I will try to give her a snack when she goes to bed. I do not think it is the poultry since the food prior to this was lamb. Thanks

#31101 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The ones I mentioned are grain free.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.