šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kathy H

As a breeder I have many ages of dogs…. from puppies to adults. So, my question is this…. Should I choose an All Life Stages dog food for all, or, do I feed a specific puppy mix and adult food? Im not convinced that all life stages has what developing puppies need to strive. I find my dogs thrive better on the sea food mixes…. any suggestions or thoughts on this? Note: for all my newborns up to when they go to new homes, I do feed a puppy chow. My customers do look to me for suggestions on what to feed the pup and for how long to keep the pup on puppy food…..

#66185 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Kathy H-
    It is my understanding that puppy and all life stages foods have the same requirements. And, many on this site state that it is fine to feed a dog of any age either. However, it is not OK to feed a puppy adult food until they are full grown.

Check out this link for more information: /frequently-asked-questions/aafco-nutrient-profiles/.

Do you breed small or large dogs? There are certain calcium requirements for large breed puppies: /best-dog-foods/best-large-breed-puppy-food/.

Good luck!

#66206 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

ALS foods have to meet the standards for growth and lactation. Maintenance has lower standards.

#66317 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Are you saying your puppies go home with a puppy food or the actual Puppy Chow brand?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.