All Life Stage Quality Food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum All Life Stage Quality Food

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christie
    Participant

I recently rescued a 4 month old Catahoula mix puppy. The limited paperwork that I received from the previous foster mom said she had been feeding her “retriever puppy food” from the tractor supply store. During her initial vet check, the doctor said her teeth (mostly baby thankfully) were in terrible condition and said I should feed her quality food. She wanted to sell me on Royal Canin, which is the only line the vet directly sells.

I have a 6 year old APBT mix who eats Ideal Balance Large Breed Dry. I started the puppy on IB’s puppy dry, but she eats both her food and the adult food. And while I know occasional snacking of the adult food isn’t terrible, I would prefer if possible, to buy 1 food for both dogs.

All of the Editor’s Choice list foods seem to be specifically formulated for adults (and there’s the separate list for puppies). I don’t want to cut quality for cost.

Neither dog is overly attached to Ideal Balance and I often have to top their kibble with canned food to get them to eat.

Anyone have any 4-5 recommendations for All Life Stages food or am I just better off sticking to the adult and puppy food?

Thanks!

#74542 Report Abuse
    Christie
    Participant

sorry…4 or 5 Star (not 4-5 different brands)

#74545 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Nature’s Variety is a good quality all life stages food. Its on the expensive side though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.