šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Karen G

I have a 14yr old Beagle , 9yr old Pomeranian and 4 month old Standard Poodle.
    Is there a dog food they all can eat?
    Beagle and Pom have had several brands thru the years but for the last year or two have:
    Beagle (has food allergies and early stages of kidney problems) been on grain free FrestPet
    Pomeranian has been on Beneful
    Poodle has been on Chicken Soup for Puppy (from breeder)
    I want to go grain free for all of them.
    I really want an All Life Stage and all breed dog food.
    Since large breed puppies and kidney isssues should be treated with less calcium can I feed all of them Large Breed puppy? I have Orijen Large Breed Puppy in mind.
    Am I wrong in thinking an All Life Stage is also all Breed appropriate?

#118521 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

I would try canidae all life stages food. I think the brown three protein food is good for a large breed puppy. I canā€™t quite remember but I do recall they had a good all life stages all breeds In the right range for large breed puppy growth. However there are grains in the all life stages. They have a grain free line called pure but none of those are for large breed growth. But I like the three protein all life stages because it has three proteins as the first three ingredients. For a grain inclusive kibble itā€™s pretty good.

#118523 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Karen-

Here is a list Dr. Mike made of large breed puppy foods. Several are all life stages and they are notated on the side as “ALS”

/best-dog-foods/best-large-breed-puppy-food/

#118534 Report Abuse
    Karen G

Thank you both for your replies.
    A visit to vet yesterday revealed the Beagleā€™s kidney issue has advanced and we have to make a hard choice. Leaning towards spoiling her with filet mignon and ice cream before saying goodbye.
    Pomeranian has acute pancreatitis so bland diet for a week (poor little guy).
    Poodle is doing great, up 6lbs since last month and yet body fat content is great so sheā€™ll stay on what sheā€™s been in for now.
    Thank again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.