ACTIVE Yeast?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Homemade Dog Food ACTIVE Yeast?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zach M

Can I give my dog active dry yeast, or yeast culture, for her dog food? The product Dinovite uses it to cure ear infections so I was wondering on it.

#44626 Report Abuse
    Dori

I wouldn’t. I have a dog with many food intolerances and allergies as well as environmental issues. She had very yeasty ears. What fixed that issue was going to an all grain free diet also free of corn, soy, white potatoes and any type of poultry. I avoid anything that has any type of yeast in it. Any food or supplements that I have tried with her that contain yeast of any sort starts the yeasty ears all over again. My other two dogs though not having any allergies or intolerances whatsoever also used to have gunky ears. Their ears have all cleared up also once I made all the switches. All clear now. Good Luck.

#44635 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

DinoVite uses yeast for the vit B, not because eating yeast cures yeast. Often yeasty ears are a sign of a food issue and while DinoVite may help, the only cure is to figure out the food that is causing the issue and remove it from the diet.

#44670 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Thanks guys!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.