đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth A

I posted a question approximately two months ago about food recommendations for my English-Style Male Labrador. Thanks for all of the feedback I received and I decided to switch food from Pro Plan Focus to Acana Heritage. I must admit to having this nagging feeling that I am trying to fix something that is not broken (dog has no skin allergies, coat looks great, no digestive issues and no gas) but I want to feed him a higher rated food (better quality ingredients). So, I am going to try him on Acana Heritage.

I currently feed Earl (Lab) 3 cups of Pro Plan per day. Some pet store employees have told me I will feed less of the Acana but I wanted to reach out to the folks here to determine your experience. How much Acana would you recommend I feed Earl to replace the 3 cups/day of Pro Plan? He is at a healthy weight of 80lbs and I do not want more weight on him.

Thanks,

Ken

#114501 Report Abuse
    Deb B

Hi Ken, I remember your post….if Earl gets LOTS of exercise, I would feed him the same amount, but I am not familiar with how the two foods compare regarding calories….we fed our girl exactly that….1 and a half cups two times a day…she was an American type lab with a more slender frame, but she was fine…she lived until she was 15….
    I need to get a puppy….

#114595 Report Abuse
    Kenneth A

I went to the Pet People Store today to purchase Acana Heritage and the store manager convinced me to purchase Farmina Grain Free instead. Arrived back home and to my relief Dog Food Advisor rates it with 5 stars. Certainly hope Earl likes and does well on Farmina. If not I will purchase Acana next.

Ken

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.