Acana Grasslands

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Acana Grasslands

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anna S

I have been using this kibble for my four hairless dogs for about four months. I was shocked when I found a 1/2 inch sharp object protruding from a kibble. It appears to be a bone fragment and is sharp like a toothpick. My little dogs could have been injured biting into this or swallowing it. I sent Acana an email but no response. Has anyone else had this issue?

#43863 Report Abuse

No and I use a lot of the grassland. Call them!

#43865 Report Abuse
    Case

Please refer to Rule 24 on the first edition of the Rules of the Internet.

#43924 Report Abuse
    Anna S

Case: What does Rule 24 have to do with this topic. I thought this was a friendly forum.

#43929 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

This IS a friendly forum Anna. I have no clue what Case meant by that…

Did you ever hear back from Acana on that issue with the kibble?

#43931 Report Abuse
    Anna S

No. I sent them an email since I am at work, but I will call them. I am researching a new food. Looking at Merrick’s right now. My dogs were doing really good on Acana though.

#43932 Report Abuse
    Case

That was a failed attemp to simultaneously use humor and request photographs.

#43934 Report Abuse
    Anna S

Case: I don’t know how to post photos. Sorry I misunderstood your post – I’m not a regular forum user.

#43944 Report Abuse
    Tina

My dog was recently on Wellness Simple Salmon and Potato both dry and wet but what I found shocked me. There were pieces of bone in both the dry and wet food, some of the pieces were really big. In the past my dog has tried Wellness Complete Health Adult Whitefish and Sweet Potato dry and wet. As I went through the bag, after my dogs major vet bill, I found pieces of bone in there as well. I called the company and they denied the whole thing and told me to just switch flavors if my dog didn’t like it. No I don’t have any photographic evidence as of now but here is a video that I found;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6K2BBd518

#43971 Report Abuse
    Lynn J

We just started a new bag of Acana Grasslands. So far it looks fine, but I’ll double check it each time I feed.

#43972 Report Abuse
    Anna S

I just bought a bag of Merrick Lamb and Sweet Potato grain free to try. Its made in Texas where I live and seems to have great reviews here. Time will tell.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.