šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Karen I

There is alot of talk on the internet about this dog food creating diarrhea. Just happened in March 2018. What do you know about it?

#113410 Report Abuse
    Lewis F
    Participant

Karen:
    I think each dog will react to certain foods differently. I have a Cavapoo that is 19 months old that has been on Orijen Puppy and Original for all of the 19 months without a problem. Orijen is owned by the same company as Acana; Champion Foods. I also believe the talk on the internet is regarding the alleged Class Action suit against Champion. There are many postings regarding the suit,one of which by Mike Sagman that you might want to read.

Lew

#113649 Report Abuse
    Tammy C

My dog is eating Acana and not having problems.

#113847 Report Abuse
    Marla G

Acana Duck and Pear caused an upset to my dog in regards to stools. I put him on another food and a day later he began to straighten out. The Acana didnā€™t agree with him at all. Heā€™s not a dog with a sensitive stomach, but something in that food made him sick. Heā€™s been fine and back to normal ever since I took him off.

#114038 Report Abuse
    Pamela B

Hard to believe but both Arcana and Orijen have had recalls this month. I do not use Arcana but I do use the Orijen Original. Well, I am not using it anymore. Look it up on the internet and then think twice about feeding it to your dog.

#114050 Report Abuse
    Lewis F
    Participant

Pamela. Acana and Orijen did not have recalls, read this post on this website “Pet Food Lawsuits and Other Internet Noise”

#114054 Report Abuse
    Pamela B

You are correct. It is not a recall. It is a class action suit. After testing, some not very desireable elements have been found in certain varieties of both Arcana and Orijen. If you have no problem feeding your pets any of the foods listed in the link I am providing, then that is a personal decision.
    https://www.animalhealthfoundation.net/blog/2018/03/lawsuit-filed-against-champion-pet-food-acana-and-orijen/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.