🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NectarMom

I was feeding Wellness 95% turkey mixed in enough to coat the evening dinner but after reading up on it and seeing it has caraggeenan in it and it does not sound like a good ingredient to feed so I am ordering some Weruva kurbuta hero because it has organic turkey but also has some ham. I don’t feel completely safe feeding wellness. What does anyone think of Weruva. I still have enough kibble I want to use up and not waste so they need a can food to help them eat the Brothers allergy food or other wise it would sit there untouched. We are doing Darwin ‘s Raw in the morning and kibble with a topper in the evening until we run out of kibble and then it is all Raw.

#15931 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I’m not sure about the Kobe/Korubuta line but I know Weruva’s Human Style line is certified human grade (Weruva and The Honest Kitchen are the only two companies to sell pet food that is certified human grade). So quality-wise, Weruva is probably about as good as it gets when it comes to canned food.

#15971 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Thanks HDM, I ordered a case of it from Petflo because I cannot find it anywhere around here. I thought it best for now to stick with mainly turkey and it does have some ham in it and I am hoping it does not disagree with my dogs but once again we will do a slow intro. They have never had ham so I have no clue how their systems will react to ham. In the human grade they did not have turkey. As soon as I figure it out I am going to post some photos of my girls to show you all 🙂

#16054 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Weruva did not work out and now I have 11 cans of it I need to get rid of. I had only given them inbetween the Raw diet one teaspoon and vomit was all over the house. Guess it is just raw twice a day and that is it!

#16060 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi NectarMom –

That’s too bad that the Weruva didn’t work out – it’s an expensive food to go to waste! If you want to try canned food again in the future I’d recommend checking out NaturalK9Supplies.com. It’s the only site I know of that sells food by the can and not the case, so if you try a food and it doesn’t work out you won’t be stuck with 11 more cans. They have a pretty big selection of 4 and 5 star foods and free shipping on orders over $75, low cost flat-rate shipping on orders under $75.

#16062 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

NectarMom, I mean no disrespect but it takes 4-6 weeks to know if a food will work for a dog. Unless I’m mistaken, you keep changing foods because it’s “not working”. You need to transition slowly, over a 5-7 day period and leave them on the food for a month to make sure it’s working.

#16064 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

I know you don’t mean no disrespect Marie, I was trying to replace a can food that I did not like one ingredient in it and probably jumped the gun. I thought I was going about it slow which is why they only got 1 tsp each. I am not feeding kibble anymore but just wanted a little extra for the girls and that is the reason for the can food. I think what I will do is just do the raw twice a day and in between the feedings give them a marrow bone to chew on. Probably best if the least Variety right now I give them the better since they are so sensitive to change. We do transition slow so we don’t have that issue but from what Darwin’s told me a tsp of food is really not enough to make a dogs system react like that unless it just plain did not agree with them. I need to just stick to Raw. Thanks for your reply 🙂

We have been on Darwin’s since March 14th and just stopped the Brothers Allergy kibble about 3-4 days ago so my main concern is the acid reflux and I am trying to narrow that down. We were on Brothers for 8 months and itching did not stop nor yeasty smell on the skin and acid reflux and they would not eat the Brothers without can food mixed with it so really I have not switched foods a lot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.