šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Elyse M

Ok, new to this site and need help!!

Bella’s history. Adopted at 3-years-old from shelter. No history.
    Switched to grain free (Wellness), then to Merrick BG in November 2011. Switched to Acana Pacifica in May 2012.

She has had numerous health issues, but we have battled allergies from the start. This spring I ran the Heska environmental/food panel. She came back allergic to sweet potato, peas, and flax. I put her on raw diet to see if it would help iron out these issues. We don’t notice an allergy difference and now I am treating salmonella. I also have a 15 month old human child at home. I can’t continue raw.

So KNOWING she can’t tolerate sweet potato, peas, or flax- any suggestion on kibble? Or is my best bet to cook for her?

#77181 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Elyse, cooked meals are better then feeding kibble but you need to balance the meals or you’ll end up with more health problems, I always recommend the “California Natural Lamb & Rice” large bites, it has just 4 ingredients, no peas, no flax, no sweet potatoes…… California Natural limited ingredients is good for dogs with food sensitivities & stomach/bowel problems, then I use a kibble as a base & add fresh foods.. I’ve been adding fresh ingredients that I know my boy can eat….. http://www.californianaturalpet.com/products/1181

#77182 Report Abuse
    Elyse M

Thank you!!!! I was trying to stay away from grains, but I don’t think I will be able to, and truthfully- she doesn’t have an allergy to them.

She’s a sensitive dog with many issues in the past (cardiac changes, bloat, etc.) I was trying so hard to get her on a diet that was balanced, that her body could tolerate. The raw didn’t really solve any of her allergy issues, and- instead, added a GIANT issue.

#77183 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

She may have more environment allergies, if the raw didn’t really help, I saw a change with 2 days when I started to feed a raw diet…..When you did the allergy testing did you do the “Glacier Peak Holistic” Salvia & Hair testing, it tests for 100+ Environment triggers & 200+ food items for $85….. http://www.glacierpeakholistics.com/More-Than-an-Allergy-Test_p_80.html

#77184 Report Abuse
    Elyse M

No, we did strictly blood. We did get environmental back showing certain things, but I was hoping to be able to control a portion of it with eliminating some food allergens.

#77187 Report Abuse
    Anonymous

/forums/search/allergies/

Above link found via the search engine here. I don’t necessarily agree with some of the opinions expressed.
    Hope this helps.

#77188 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Take a look at Wysong’s Epigen line. I didn’t find any of the offending ingredients in the regular Epigen line or the Epigen 90.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.