šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Julia

Hi Everyone! I’ve been having some concerns about my dog Leica. She was a rescue and has severe separation anxiety so has been on a therapeutic dose of Fluoxetine (Prozac) for about 8 months (I didn’t want to do this but we tried everything else and the doctor thought it best). I want to ween her off soon because her training has been going well but she has gained weight which is one of the listed side effects. I want to help her lose the weight! She currently eats about 2 cups of Acana Grasslands everyday and I usually also give her some organic veggies and occasionally a very small amount of Kefir or greek yogurt for that probiotic boost. If I do include some fresh meet I cook it plainly and reduce the amount of kibble. I think I feed my dogs pretty well but what can I do to help Leica? She gets a good amount of exercise- daily walks and runs in the woods/field a few times a week. My other dog Forest is a one year old lab/boarder collie mix so he keeps her pretty active too. I would be truly grateful for any advice!

P.S. the meds seem to have made her more sedentary while we are at home. She naps. a lot.
    I tried but couldnt get photos to work.. ?? can you link them from fb?
    – Julia

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Julia.
    #84410 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

You can direct link photos from photobucket and possibly from other share sites. I don’t know if you can from FB.

#84453 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

See my response to you above.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.