🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kalii16

I have my daughters beautiful 10 year old Pit Bull girl Kalii. Recently took her to the vet for her checkup/shots & the vet said she’s 12lbs over weight. She should weigh 55lbs and weighs 67lbs. When we play in the yard, she does come back in limping. She definitely has arthritis and the extra weight is not helping! My daughter had her on Taste of The Wild – smoked salmon. Recently I was told to put her on Zignature Catfish Formula. She’s been eating that for two days now (mixed with her Taste of the Wild). In the past, we have had issues with her skin. So we assumed she had allergies & took her off grains and chicken etc… and her skin cleared up. I guess my question is, is this Zignature food the best choice for her and will it help her lose weight? I give her two scoops a day. Also, what should I be giving her for the arthritis? Should I consider a raw diet and if yes, how do I go about that? I know zero about any of this! I just want her to be healthy and to live as long as possible pain free and happy. Thank you to anyone who can help me. Appreciate it very much!
    Jean & Kalii

#115182 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Excerpt below from: https://www.vetinfo.com/aquatic-therapy-for-dogs.html
    Aquatic therapy for dogs is a form of rehabilitation and athletic conditioning. In both cases, canine aquatic therapy prevents injury, lessens pain, strengthens muscles, and restores or enhances mobility. Dogs do not have to live near water or like to swim to undergo aquatic therapy, which occurs indoors in a shallow tank. Aquatic therapy for dogs is also known as canine hydrotherapy, canine aqua training and canine underwater training.

#115183 Report Abuse
    Kalii16

Thank you! She loves to swim. We take her to a near by lake. Actually just bought her a life safety jacket. I will definitely look in to Aquatic Therapy for her as well. Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.