šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dario P

I’m transitioning my 2-yr-old, 30-pound doodle to Zignature from Wellness Core and I’m a little confused since, until now, I’ve been feeding him slightly less than 2 cups per day and according to the Zignature label, they suggest 3 cups per day (if I’m reading correctly). Should I just keep going as is? Or when Zignature references “Serving Size” do they mean total cups PER DAY?

#106673 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I am looking at the Zignature Catfish bag right now. I see 20-30 (lbs) 1 and 1/4 cups to 1 and 1/2 cups per day.
    I use much less than the recommended amounts, but then I only use the kibble as a base, I add a bite of something and a little water. Plus a snack midday.

Divide the amount in half for two
    meals per day.

#106677 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

Should be feeding the same exact amount as before. Wellness core original is a little under 2 cups a day and 421 cals per cup and zignature essentials formula is a little under 2 cups and 422 cals per cup.

#106740 Report Abuse
    GSDsForever
    Participant

I feed Zignature and agree w/both anon & haley, see the same recommended range amount for a 30 lb dog on my bag.

I would also encourage you to feed for ideal body condition scoring (and, if still a puppy, slow, controlled growth) in your individual dog, considering all the calories you provide (treats, supplements included). If you are not practiced in evaluating this (9 pt or 5 pt scale), ask your vet to assess/score your dog.

Don’t just go by food manufacturer general recommendations on a bag.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.