šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Valarie M

Greetings Pitlove,

I came across a post you shared several months ago about food allergies. My pit has break outs on his under belly. I have changed his diet many times. He is on a probiotic. I have tired ACV but the rash comes back. You mention if he has been grain free to take him off it which has been on which was fish formula.

You suggested Hydrolysed Protien and think in another post venison. What brand is your dog on that is helping?

It’s summer here and even though he is in doors he lays on the patio each day and wonder if it is heat related. Also allergy pills haven’t worked either for him 😳

Any help would be dearly appreciated!

Valarie

#87656 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Valarie-

I responded to you on the Large and Giant Breed Puppy nutrition thread, but for the sake of keeping that thread on topic lets chat more here after you read my post!!

#87682 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

It may not be food related, he might have environment allergies, baths are the best, you wash off any pollens & allergens that are irritating your dog, also your better off introducing a raw balance diet if you can, kibble has too many starches & carbs for dog with skin problems…..even if you feed raw for 1 meal Breakfast & kibble for dinner this way your reducing the kibble….start adding a Dog Omega 3, 6 & 9 oil to diet, omega 3 is excellent for the skin also Vitamin C is a natural anti-histamine…
    Hydrolysed diet is when the protein is broken down, some dogs can’t digest proteins & react to certain proteins, your dog would be having IBS, leaky gut symptoms, (sloppy smelly poos, nausea, gas/wind & skin problems) if he was intolerant to certain proteins. My Patch gets red paws, wind/gas & sloppy poos when he eats raw or cooked chicken…..
    Maybe you mean a Novel protein?? a protein he hasn’t eaten before like Kangaroo, Venison, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon….
    Buy baby wipes “Cucumber & Aloe” & wipe down stomach area when he comes back inside & bath when stomach is red & real itchy….. Maleseb can be used daily, same as Alloveen….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.