🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Recent Topics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David H

I have 2 labs and 1 lab / boxer mix. Recently switched from science diet to blue buffalo. I know, there are still better choices but that is for a later day. I mixed the remaining science diet with BB about 20/80% and fed my dogs. Two of them are doing fine but one has vomited. Should I buy some more science diet and make it more like 50:50 or switch the one with a weak stomach to rice with a little of the 20:80 mix or???

#74400 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I would say yes, buy a small bag of SD and do a longer transition – 75%SD, 25%BB for a few days, then 50-50, then 75%BB-25%SD, then fully BB. See how they do at each stage and go back to a lesser amount of BB if needed. Some dogs take longer than others to transition, so it is all up to your dogs.

#74441 Report Abuse
    Lindi H

I own a natural food store and we use to carry BB but kicked them out because the continue to change ingredients and they don’t have to change packaging for 6 months it started to make some of my customers dogs sick. If you google BB they just admitted a couple of weeks ago that there is by-product meal in their food. Here is a link that explains: http://www.poisonedpets.com/blue-buffalo-admits-to-bullshitting-consumers/

#74503 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Lindi- A lot of people don’t know it yet, but other companies are effected as well by the by-product scandel BB is going through. This was just the only one made public. Now I don’t know if BB was aware of it or not, but it was an issue with a certain supplier who ordered the by-product for BB. This supplier has since been dropped by the company. This same supplier is used by other companies like Welpet (Wellness etc) so they too will be getting hit with the same issue.

That being said, I don’t like BB products and I don’t feed them anymore.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics