šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joe L

My girl is a 6mo old Siberian Husky and weighs 30lbs. She was spayed at 4 months. She has been on TOTW Pacific Stream for 3 months and started having non stop diarrhea and/or soft stools about month ago. After 2 vet visits and fecal tests to rule out parasites, i had her on bland diet and colitis medication for the past week and that straightened her right out. Now i am switching her back to kibble and I think I may have been over feeding her, I fed her 2 cups a day for the weekend and she did fine with that, yesterday i upped it to 3 cups which is what the bag recommends and what i had been feeding her previously and her stool was soft again this morning.

Any insight on this would be super helpful! Thank you!

#112734 Report Abuse
    anonymous

“I fed her 2 cups a day for the weekend and she did fine with that, yesterday i upped it to 3 cups which is what the bag recommends”

I would go back to the 2 cups per day, divided, 2 meals per day with a splash of water and maybe a little something like scrambled egg mixed in.
    Often the recommended amounts on the dog food labels are too much. Check back with the vet if her problems continue. My dogs do well on Zignature as a base.
    We have never used TOTW so I don’t have an opinion on that food.

#112752 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Another thought, if you decide to try a new food, I suggest avoiding potato, my terrier has loose stools if he eats a kibble that contains potato.
    Nothing wrong with potato except that some dog foods are laden with potato (all types, white, sweet)
    Zignature and Nutrisca contain no potato. I have heard good things about Pro Plan Focus for sensitive skin and stomach. Check chewy dot com for more info.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.