šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Is it okay to give the perfect form by THK and probiotics at the same time? My yorkie has been on boiled chicken and rice with the perfect form and I’m going to try to get him back on his canned wellness stews tomorrow. I ‘m scared because he’s been doing so good but it’s not a complete meal and I’m sick of cooking chicken.My question is can I add the probiotic and perfect form or just add the perfect form? Thanks

#58876 Report Abuse
    Naturella

weezerweeks, I don’t really know the answer to your question, but when Bruno was sick a while back, I also had him on chicken, rice, and Perfect Form, and transitioned him to canned by simply adding it to the mix one tablespoon at a time, and reducing the chicken and rice over a few days (as if you were transitioning between kibbles). Within 1 small and one large can he was off the chicken and rice and on canned and Perfect Form. I kept him on Perfect Form for about a month and a half. However, I never used a probiotic with it, hence I don’t know if it can be given with Perfect Form. Hope someone else can answer that.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Naturella.
    #58878 Report Abuse
    USA

Hi weezerweeks,

Here’s what I would do. I would switch back to wellness canned slowly. Over a week or so. During that time I would NOT change anything else in his diet!

If all goes well I would wait another week and try the probiotics. There is nothing inherently wrong with using Perfect Form and Probiotics together.

Good Luck!!!

Nice technique with your switch Naturella!

#58880 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

I contacted the Probiotic company “Protexin” & asked when is the best time to give Patch his probiotic, its a powder that I mix 1 teaspoon to 10-15ml water & he just drinks it, the man at Protexin said its best to give a probiotic inbetween meals…..so I give his probiotic about 2 hours after giving him his breakfast….when Ive stopped Patches Protexin his poos were softer again, so he’s been on his probiotic now for over 1 year….

Very slowley add about 1 spoon of the Wellness food to his boiled chicken & rice & see over the next 2 days how his poos are going then after 3 days if poos are looking good increase to 2 spoon of the wet tin……the Wellness wet food with the lowest fat% is the Wellness Petite Entrees Mini fillets with only 2% fat, but their Pettite Entree’s Casserole have 5% fat, the Mini Fillets have less fat then their Casseroles…..If you convert 5% fat in wet tin food its about 22% fat when converted to Dry matter (kibble)….. thats only if ur boy has poo problems, if not he should be Ok …the wet tin stews are big, the Wellness Petite Entree’s are smaller…just a thought..

#58882 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

After I open the canned food and take enough out for 3 days can I freeze the other in containers?

#58884 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I believe someone else had asked this question before and I THINK the answer was yes, it would be fine to freeze the rest – just make sure to portion it out in one-day or one-time servings so that you don’t thaw out and refreeze the same food several times.

#58888 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

I once froze wet tin food in small meal size containers, they didnt look good when I got one out of freezer, the ice on the top of the meat was orangey ice, yuk… I throw it out but Wellness might keep better, that’s why I suggested the Wellness Petite Entree’s Mini fillets as they are in a smaller plastic container & wont need freezing as they are smaller then a tin..you could always email Wellness & ask them whats best…. I’m always emailing companies, as they would know the best about their products..

#58893 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Perfect Form is pretty limited as a probiotic. The reason why it tends to work well for lots of folks is because it contains prebiotics and probiotics. If needed, I wouldn’t hesitate to use a probiotic along with the Perfect Form.

#58903 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Perfect Form also has other ingredients to help calm intestines, so I love the stuff, even though I haven’t had to use it yet. But I wouldn’t consider it a replacement for a good probiotic. Give both.

#58904 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I’ve used Perfect Form off and on for a couple of years with success. I consider it more of a digestive aid with ingredients that also help with loose stools and calming the digestive tract. I still give the dogs probiotics when I’m using it with no issue.

#58953 Report Abuse
    Jane E

I would have no hesitation using them together (and I have many times) but I would also consider adding a digestive enzyme tooā€¦Mercola makes both a pet probiotic and a digestive enzyme that are very good

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.