šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    laura t

Hi everyone. I am late to the game learning about Blue Buffalo and was told it was reputable, which I am sure it is, however our beautiful 4 month Charcoal Lab who has been eating the large breed puppy formula has had maybe one solid poop his whole life. And the last 2 weeks has been throwing up the food. I passed it off for a while because he likes to explore and I am constantly picking things out of his mouth. But the last 3 days have been horrible with throwing up his food. I went online to investigateā€¦ and found the consumer affairs reports. SIGH!!! I have been causing this all along. So I wanted to use a new food. My question isā€¦ normally you slowly introduce new food. Seems silly to mix something that is already upsetting his tummy with the new foodā€¦ but donā€™t want to make things worse. How did people switch over to their new food?

#89905 Report Abuse
    Ronald R

Laura:

You better take him to a vet to be sure he does not have a blockage. Dogs throwing up can also be a sign of Pancreas issues and the constant diarrhea could be an issue with bad bacteria over growth in his small intestine that takes a specific antibiotic to clear up. Doubt if the dog food is causing this problem. One the other hand if you want to switch dog foods I would pick one that only had 1 animal protein, such as Taste Of The Wild, lamb or Taste Of The Wild Pacific Stream. All other Taste Of The Wild products have mixtures of different animal proteins.

#90021 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Laura, if after you try another kibble & your dog poos haven’t firmed up please see a vet, don’t let his sloppy poo/diarrhea keep going, it ends up causing thickening of the bowel as they get older….
    I have a rescue dog that I rescued at the age of 4yrs old his old owners never bothered changing whatever he was eating & probably never seen a vet, he was in very poor condition when I rescued him, after seeing a vet & having test, he was diagnosed he has IBD & food sensitivities, your boy may be sensitive to an certain ingredient or he may have parasites… have a fecal smear, he may have Giardia & need medication…

Give “Taste Of The Wild” Sierra Mountain Roasted Lamb a try, it’s an all life stages kibble so your pup can eat it.. it only has Lamb as the protein. its grain free & doesn’t have many ingredients…Just put him straight on the new kibble, there’s no point adding a kibble he’s reacting too that’s if he’s reacting to his kibble…. When I saw vets about Patch vet would say just start the new vet diet & you would see an improvement within 2-3 days if he didn’t react to the new kibble…..My boy finally got better when he was put on Taste Of The Wild, I tried vet diets, premium kibbles, then I read on a few Face Book EPI & IBD groups, the dogs were doing really well when eating TOTW Pacific Stream Smoked Salmon & Sierra Mountain Roasted Lamb but if after eating the TOTW Lamb & your boy isn’t doing firm poos within the 1-2 weeks, then see a vet with a sample of his morning poo in a container or jar..
    http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/infectious-parasitic/c_multi_giardiasis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.