šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sully’sMom

This likely has little to do with food, although who knows, maybe it does! We noticed recently that in the middle of Sully’s tail (he’s a labrador retriever, so you can picture his tail) it looked like it had gotten smooshed, for want of a better word. And he was ittitating it further by trying to chew and bite and lick it.

The vet diagnosed it as Stud Tail, which she said is more common in un-neutered males, but he is neutered. The only thing she really said to do is bathe his tail in an anti-seborriac shampoo.

Does anyone have any information on this? Is there something else I can do, should do? Will it clear up?

Thank you!

#26102 Report Abuse

Supracaudal Gland hyperplasia is typically an infected gland in the tail-but normally I have seen/heard of it being apparent at the base of the tail where it connects to the body. Google it, and you should be able to read up on it, causes/treatments.

#26191 Report Abuse
    rogerharris

I think you should do what the vet said. But if you are not satisfied then consult with another vet. May another vet can solve this problem. You may also search on internet about this as you will surely get the solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.