šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bullterriermom
    Participant

Silly question but.. Are there imitation standard process products out there? Someone recommended them in another thread and they are supposed to be only obtainable by buying from a vet, there are no vet’s near me that are listed a on standard process list of providers. I did see them on Amazon but did not want to pay upwards of $50 for a one month supply if they are not the real thing.

#22962 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi bullterriermom –

I’m sure you could find a similar supplement – you may have to mix a few things though. What particular SP product are you interested in?

#22965 Report Abuse
    bullterriermom
    Participant

I was looking at the canine cardiac support.

#22967 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I would give L-carnitine, a glandular and a whole food supplement. Another ingredient very beneficial for cardiac support which is not in the SP supplement which I’d recommend adding is CoQ10. I’d check out Swanson Vitamins for these things – I’m sure it would be a lot cheaper to do it this way than using SP anyways. Another option, Wysong has a supplement called “Carvasol” (which contains CoQ10, L-carnitine and some other amino acids and herbs) sold for humans to support cardiac health, it’s safe for dogs and they have dosing instructions for animals as well – to this you could add a glandular.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by Hound Dog Mom.
    #22970 Report Abuse
    bullterriermom
    Participant

I will look into those Ty, someone recommended fresh hearts from a butcher, I tried to get them but it really grossed me out and I couldn’t do it. Supplements is a much easier and far less eww factor way of me getting her some extra cardiovascular support.

#22971 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Yeah I’d go with a heart glandular if the fresh heart grosses you out. Glandulars are just freeze-dried raw organ or gland tissue – based on the idea that like supports like. So a dog with heart issues should eat a heart glandular. Swanson’s has a reasonably priced heart glandular:

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-raw-heart-glandular-250-mg-60-caps

#103769 Report Abuse
    Chris S
    Participant

Are you looking for the tablets or the powder? Amazon has it most of the time but they do run out every so often. You should Google it. I found it cheaper on another sight. But you don’t have to go tho the vet for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.