šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can order Soloxine. Evert place I order from is out of stock. My vet just has the generic.

#75720 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

What is wrong with the generic?

#75728 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Nothing is wrong with it but I’ve always heard ur not suppose to switch what ur using.

#75750 Report Abuse
    Dori

Sorry weezer, I only get the brand and that’s from my vet. Wish I could help. Has you vet switched to carrying the generic?

EDIT: Just found this for you but I would really urge you to call them and speak to someone in customer service. I’m not a fan of purchasing meds on line but this is a reputable site.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3093

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Dori.
    #75753 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Dori this is who I get them from and their on back order until Aug. 18th. My vet only carries the generic and I wanted Soloxine but there’s another vet in town that carries them so my vet will fax them a prescription like he does Drs Fostersmith. They are so much cheaper this way than at the vets. I wonder why no one has them now. I hope nothing is wrong with them. I’m a worry wart!

#75754 Report Abuse
    Dori

Not to worry weezerweeks. I just picked up Soloxine on Friday from Hannah’s vet. Brand name as she doesn’t carry the generic. I also never go with generic brands when it comes to the girls. Funny thing is I have no issues with generic for myself. Hmmmmmm? Could it be that their health is paramount in my thinking to mine? Guess so. Also, most insurance companies at this point only want to pay for generic with human medications. Canine insurance has no problem paying for brand names.

I should have checked to make sure Drs Fostersmith actually had it in stock. Sorry about that.

#75775 Report Abuse
    aimee
    Participant

Hi weezerweeks,

Soloxine is currently not being made. Many of the products made by that company are not available as manufacturing has temporarily( ?? ) halted. I think it has to do with corporate restructuring or moving the manufacturing facilities…something along those lines.

#75777 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Thanks Aimee. I just talked to the verbactech and he said they would not be making it until next year. They were recommending patients talk to vets and prolly be switched over to the generic. Dori you might be interested in knowing this. I guess when ur vet runs out he will switch u over unless he has enough for a year.Oh well drug companies!

#75778 Report Abuse
    Dori

Thanks weezerweeks, I won’t be needing any for awhile because I picked up Hannah’s 90 day supply this past Friday. Next time I talk to her vet I’ll talk to her about the brand Soloxine.

#75781 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Dori do you have Hannah tested after every 90 day supply?

#75783 Report Abuse
    Dori

No weezerweeks, Hannah’s thyroid levels are tested every 6 months. I’m just too lazy to go to the vet every month for her Soloxine so I request 90 day supply at a time. I do the same for our human meds also whenever possible. For us humans, I’d have to live at CVS.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.